Different sites need different walls. With each technique specifically designed for the scenario, the following are the most common retention walls:
- Cantilever – These walls provide support by the sheer strength of the sheets.
- Braced and Anchored – These are necessary for high pressure situations, increasing retaining strength with lateral braces and anchors.
- Soldier Piles – H-section pipes or piles are inserted into drilled holes.
- Secant or Tangent Piles – Drilled out sections are filled will soil to stiffen the walls.
- Structural Slurry Walls – Trenches are dug and filled with concrete as an alternative to steel.
Whatever site needs to be protected, Mondello can likely design a sheet piling solution appropriate for the situation. Investing the resources to have the sheet piling properly designed and driven can save the facility from higher costs down the road by getting the job done right the first time